Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading and creating documents in the library, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
I'm in the documents library of our Inside Sport site here on our intranet,…and I want to show you how we can add documents to a library using drag and drop.…So, what I'd like to do is add a new document, and one choice is to be able to…click New Document and to browse to a particular document.…Choose whatever document I wish. For example, this document, click Open,…and OK, and that's an easy way to add a document to a library.…
But this link says drag files here. Now, there's nothing that happens when I…drag files, and the reason for that is, I'm in this metro view where I have one…singular window. And I want to drag from one window to…another, but this view doesn't allow me to do that.…So what I'm going to do, is I'm actually going to right-click, click on the page…commands here, and choose View on the desktop.…And when I do this, SharePoint is going to open a second version of this document library.…This entire web page, on the desktop. Here we are.…
Now, what I can do is, I can actually choose the documents that I want, out of…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.