Up and Running with Word 2010
In this course veteran trainer Tim Grey teaches you how to use Microsoft Word 2010 for Windows. You'll learn your way around the interface; explore basic tasks such as creating, saving, and opening documents; and find out how to format your text with font attributes, page and paragraph formatting, templates, and styles. You'll also see how to use tables in your documents, add and format images within a document, review and modify documents, and of course print and share the final results.
- Saving and opening documents
- Selecting and formatting text
- Undoing and redoing
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding images and tables
- Updating images with effects and adjustments
- Finding and replacing text
- Tracking changes to documents
- Printing and sharing documents
- Hello I'm Tim Grey. In my mind, the most valuable class I ever took in school was typing, in large part because so much of my work involves writing. Back in my school days, the typewriter was the key tool for putting words to paper. Thankfully, today we have Microsoft Word 2010 for Windows. A powerful application that enables you to create a wide variety of documents featuring not only text, but also tables, images, and other elements. In this course I'm going to help you get started using the most important features of Word 2010.
We'll start off by taking a look at the overall interface in Word for Windows, so you'll understand how things are organized, and will feel comfortable finding your way around. We'll also explore some of the basic tasks, such as creating, saving, and opening documents. Next, I'll show you some of the ways you can format your text. We'll take a look at selecting text, adjusting font attributes, and several other topics related to how your text appears. We'll then take a look at page and paragraph formatting, enabling you to control the overall flow and appearance of text on the page.
To help you improve the consistency of your documents and the efficiency of your work, we'll next turn our attention to working with templates and styles. You'll learn how to utilize existing templates to provide a strong starting point for a document, as well as how to use and create styles to help ensure consistent text formatting with ease. We'll also cover the use of tables in your documents, adding and formatting images within a document, reviewing and modifying documents, and of course, printing and sharing the final results. By the end of this course, you'll have mastered the basics of using Word and a bit more.
You'll feel confident in your ability to create and modify documents for a variety of purposes, making use of the most important features Microsoft Word 2010 for Windows has to offer. Let's get started.
Learning Word 2010327,890 Views
Word 2010: Styles in Depth272,199 Views
Word 2010: Mail Merge in Depth170,904 Views
Word 2010 New Features100,051 Views
Building Templates in Word167,586 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,756,965 Views
Learn Excel 2010: The Basics965,238 Views
Word 2010 Essential Training2,015,804 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views