- Planning your presentation
- Presentation page layout
- Slide basics
- Using themes for speed and consistency
- Saving, opening, and closing
- Working with text
- Using graphics in presentations
- Adding a dynamic touch
- Fine-tuning and sharing your presentation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hello, I'm Tim Gray, and I'll be your guide to mastering the use of PowerPoint to create presentations with clarity and style. I'm sure you've seen more than your fair share of PowerPoint presentations, and perhaps you've even created some presentations yourself. If so, you can probably appreciate that to create a great presentation, you need to have a clear focus on the content that will be included, as well as the knowledge of how to use the tools for creating the presentation itself. In this course, I'll teach you to utilize all of the key features of PowerPoint, and along the way, provide tips and suggestions for helping to improve the overall quality of the presentations you create.
I'll start with a tour of the PowerPoint interface, so you'll know where to find the features you need. We'll also consider some of the things you'll want to keep in your mind when planning your presentation, and how to create the basic layout for a presentation. Next, we'll turn our attention to the text you will include in your presentations, including the options for formatting text and paragraphs, creating and customizing text boxes, adding effects, using bulleted an numbered lists, creating tables, and much more. Then, we'll take a look at incorporating graphics into your presentations.
I'll show you how to leverage a vast library of free clip art images, as well as how to incorporate your own photos and images. We'll then explore the various tools for formatting and customizing your photos, including the ability to remove the background from an image. In addition, I'll show you how to create smart art that can be updated quickly and easily, as well as how to add charts and graphs, and other great ways to work with images within your presentations. We'll then have a little bit of fun adding a dynamic touch to your presentations by inserting video or audio clips, adding entrance and exit effects, and even making graphics float across the screen.
Finally, we'll take a look at the various ways you can fine tune your presentation to perfection, and then share that presentation with others. So, join me as we explore all of the many powerful and fun tools available within PowerPoint that can help make your presentations impressive and impactful.