If you're new two Micro Blogging tools, I want to spend just a moment talking with…you about tags and mentions. Because if you understand how they work…it'll make a lot more sense when you start working with Micro blogs and SharePoint.…Hashtags are tags begin with a pound sign and there's no space after the Pound sign…and before the words begin. So for example, #SharePoint,…#Election2012, and note, no space between Election and 2012.…As soon as there's a space, that's the end of that tag or hashtag.…Firstworldpains, office365, all of these are hashtags.…
Now notice that if we had a hashtag that was simply Office and there is one…because somebody's used it. That Office365 is more specific.…Election2012 is more specific than simply Election.…Specificity is a hallmark of a really good hashtag.…As is brevity. Tags are used for sorting and for filtering.…So for example if you were participating in a conversation on twitter with a…number of other people. There are tools that would allow you to…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.