In the last few movies we've seen how to insert app and web parts, how to modify…them, how to delete them. And now we're going to drill down into…one category so, we can think about how we might use these web parts in a site.…And then we'll actually add a web part and customize it start to finish.…The Media and Content web parts include parts that you would use to display information.…That either doesn't come from a SharePoint list or library, or doesn't…come from a document library. So we'll use the Media and Content web parts.…
For example to embed audio and video files that maybe stored in an Assest…Library in SharePoint but that need a way for us to be able to show them.…The Content Editor is for rich text content.…Whether we're including a table, fully formatted text.…Content editors are often used for description boxes.…If you have some information that you want to display in a table or in an image…or a chart. You can do that with the Content Editor.…You've already seen the Get Started web part because it appears in every team…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.