Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding app parts, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Every time we add an app to a SharePoint site, there's a corresponding Web Part…that's created for it. So, when we're looking, for example, at…the documents that are new this week, what we see is a Web Part called New This…Week, that displays these documents. If I go to the Documents Library itself,…I'll also see another Web Part and this isn't a two-stage process, it's one-stage.…I go in and say I'd like a Document Library.…SharePoint says, well, we have to show that to you some place on a page.…
So, we're going to go ahead and create a Web Part to do that.…So, when I create the Library, I get the Web Part.…That's true with almost every app that you're going to use in SharePoint,…because SharePoint is used to create websites with pages to present…information to you. Now often, when we're talking about pages…in SharePoint, we'll talk about this being a Web Part, but that the real data…lives in the Documents Library. But actually, the data doesn't live here either.…All of these documents live in a Microsoft SQL server.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.