When you're invited to a SharePoint site, you'll be able to interact with the…things you find in that site. Different lists and libraries, documents…and items based on your role in relationship to that site or that list.…Built in there are five primary roles in SharePoint.…The first rule is that of an owner. And an owner has full control of a site,…or a list or a library, and can do anything with it that they want, they own it.…Next, we have designers, their permissions are little more limited.…They can view, add, update, delete, approve, and most importantly, they can…customize the things that they're given a designer role in relationship to.…
A slightly more limited role is that of editor.…Editors have permission to work with items one might find in a site but they…don't have the ability to do things like customize the site's design.…A contributor has even more limited permissions because well editors have the…ability to delete items from a site. Contributors generally only have the…permission to delete items they themselves created.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.