Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding SharePoint publishing, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
One of the differences between SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server, is that…SharePoint Server includes support for publishing.…Publishing which is called, sometimes, enterprise content management or web…content management, simply means that we have the ability to author content and…deliver it somewhere else in SharePoint. If you look at the history of SharePoint,…what you'll find is that it's created with products that were free standing…that have now been integrated. For example, when you look at SharePoint Workflows.…
A lot of that functionality comes from a server called BizTalk, that was an…orchestration server for workflows. BizTalk doesn't really exist anymore, but…a lot of its capabilities are baked into SharePoint.…The same thing is true with SharePoint Publishing.…There was a server called Microsoft Content Server, and at the time, there…were many content servers. There were Open Source Content Servers,…Microsoft had products, some other companies had products.…But the idea behind a content server, is when you have a really large website with…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.