Learn how to view OneNote notebook synchronization information. Check synchronization status for a single notebook or multiple notebooks. In this tutorial viewer learn how to interpret sync symbols and manually sync notebooks for easy access to important OneNote data across multiple devices. Syncing notebooks and understanding sync status symbols are topics from the OneNote MOS exam objectives.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…we're going to address the issue of synchronization…between copies of a OneNote notebook.…Now, normally, the truth of the matter is…you don't have to worry about your notebooks…synchronizing across devices.…You just simply open up the notebook,…make the change, and behind the scenes,…OneNote synchronizes for you.…But we'll take a look at…some of the options that you have.…You can certainly…always manually sync a notebook.…In most circumstances, though,…you don't need to do that,…but we'll take a walk through it.…
If you're really quick, you can also take a look…at your synchronization indicators.…We'll need to go back into OneNote…and if you've been playing along…from earlier videos,…you can go back and open…the 2016 marketing plans notebook…I had you create earlier.…If you didn't create it earlier,…go ahead, create the notebook…and in order to see synchronization,…you're going to need to either store the notebook…on a OneDrive account…or on a SharePoint account.…
To make sure that your notebook is synchronized,…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.