OneDrive (formerly named SkyDrive) is part of the My Sites collection in SharePoint 2013. In this video we review using OneDrive to store and manage files. Viewers will see how to create new files in OneDrive using the default content types as well as upload document that have been already created. We’ll also review how to quickly share OneDrive files with other using including setting view versus edit permissions and sharing through a link.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Let's continue our exploration of SharePoint…in support of the Microsoft Office Specialist program…by looking at OneDrive.…OneDrive helps us store and manage files…and used to be called SkyDrive.…We'll take a look at using OneDrive to create files,…create folders in OneDrive,…upload existing files, share files with others,…and we'll add ratings to a OneDrive folder.…
I can access OneDrive quickly and easily…by just clicking on the phrase OneDrive…at the top of my screen.…To create a new file,…I go back to the familiar Files ribbon,…choose New Document, and create New Document.…I'll add some quick text just to demonstrate.…I'll save my document…and you'll notice the current folder says Documents,…but if you look carefully,…it's in the My Site area.…
I'll click on my Documents…and I'll just call it Video.…Save it…and I'll close Word.…After a momentary delay,…I see my new document appear.…I can also create folders…to help me organize my files.…I'll go back to the Files ribbon…and choose New Folder.…I'm gonna be working with one of my coworkers…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating and configuring lists
- Modifying list items, views, and columns
- Creating and editing libraries
- Setting up content types
- Managing SharePoint sites
- Creating new site pages
- Sharing information in newsfeeds and blogs
- Storing files in OneDrive
- Refining SharePoint search results
Skill Level Beginner
Publishing Sites with SharePoint 2013with Ron Davis1h 14m Beginner
SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Formswith Gini von Courter1h 27m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist SharePoint 2013 Exam Overview
MOS preparation and testing1m 22s
2. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Lists
3. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Document Libraries
4. Managing SharePoint Sites
5. Participating in User Communities
6. Configuring and Consuming Search Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.