This video guides viewers step by step through final challenge and practice for the course. Viewers are asked to perform tasks including: creating new pages; inserting pictures and hyperlinks; pining notebooks to the Recent notebook list; turning on rule lines for all new pages; turning off snap to grid for drawings; emailing pages; changing notebook display names; applying and creating custom tags; and hiding page titles. The solution video also reviews the multiple choice questions in the challenge.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now that you've had an opportunity…to step through our final challenge,…let's go ahead and walk through it, together.…So, step number one, I asked you…to open the notebook in the Exercise Files folder.…I'll navigate back to my desktop,…open the Exercise Files folder,…open the Chapter 6 folder, and open up…the OneNote notebook folder called MOS OneNote.…Double-click on the Open Notebook file…to open the notebook.…
So, step number one is done.…Let's go back to our list and check off step number one.…Step two, I say in the Resources section,…create a new page called Training.…Step two is accomplished.…Step three, I ask you to insert a jigsaw puzzle…jpeg file from the Exercise folder.…I'm back on my OneNote notebook,…I'm going to choose Insert, Pictures,…navigate back to my desktop…to the Exercise File, to the Chapter 6 folder,…and there's my jigsaw puzzle.…
And I'll simply insert that onto the Training page…I just created.…Step number four, I ask you to insert a link…to lynda.com on the Training page.…Back on my Insert ribbon, I'll simply choose Link.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.