The solution video walks through the challenge exercise and provides an answer to each question. The video reinforces the topics from the chapter including: inserting pictures, using the Format Painter, adding and formatting tables, creating links to Quick Notes, inserting file printouts, and creating custom page templates.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] I hope you found…the challenge exercise to be helpful.…Now I'll step through it to help you with…any rough spots that you may have run into.…My first step is to actually open the notebook file,…so I'll need to navigate back to my desktop,…open the exercise files folder,…open chapter three, the folder called 03_08…and as we've seen a number of times…a OneNote notebook is actually all contained…in a folder of its own.…
So I'll open the challenge two folder…and then I'll double click on the Open Notebook file…to actually open the OneNote notebook.…I'll go back to my list of things to do…and check off step number one.…Step number two was to turn off docked Quick Notes.…So navigating back to OneNote you may remember…that Quick Notes is actually an option in the backstage view…so I'll go to file, choose options,…and on the display choice I want to make sure…the Dock new Quick Notes window…to the side of the desktop is disabled.…
In my case it happens to be so I can simply choose ok…and mark that step as being done.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.