This video allows users to check their answers from the chapter 2 challenge against a solution video. In this video, Julie walks users through the exercise providing validation and reinforcement of the skills learned in the chapter.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I'm gonna go ahead…and walk through our first challenge exercise.…So I have the Challenge exercise file open,…and the first thing they're asking me to do…is create a new local notebook named Pot Luck Planning.…So I'll navigate back to my desktop.…I'll start OneNote.…And as we've seen, OneNote always opens…with the file that you most recently had open.…But the step said to create a new notebook.…So I'll choose File>New,…and it says to create a local notebook,…which means I'm gonna save it on my local computer.…
I'll give the file the name, Pot Luck Planning,…and click to create the notebook.…So step one is done,…and I'll simply check it off.…The next thing we're asked to do…is to rename the blank Section 1 to Location.…So I'll navigate back to my notebook.…There's my new Section 1 that was automatically created…when I created the notebook,…and I'll simply double-click on it,…and I'll rename it…Location.…
Step two, all done.…Step three says to create a new section called Guest Lists.…I'll use the Create New Section button…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.