Every SharePoint site is part of a site collection.…A site collection is a container that holds other sites.…At the top of the site collection, there's one site called a team site, and…it's not unusual that there's actually nothing in the team site here.…But that all of the other sites fall underneath it.…So, it's purpose is simply to hold the collection space.…This top level site then has sub sites, a team site, a project site, another team site.…In the case of our site, the No Obstacles Internet, what we see is, Inside No Obstacles.…
And we actually have some document libraries there at the top of our site…collection, this very first site. But then, we have a site called Inside…Sport, another site for our Employee Self Service that we've been using.…And a site that we'll be creating in a bit for the Inside Home group.…Now, in many smaller organizations, there's only one site collection.…And all of the other sites fall inside of it.…But if you have a larger organization or if you have an organization where you…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.