Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Show messages by conversation, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] I've just returned from…a two-day executive retreat,…and even though it's the weekend,…I'm checking to see what I'll be facing…when I hit the office tomorrow morning.…I'm immediately immersed…in a series of conversations…that have already started,…some might even be finished,…but some might need my attention right now.…While others have been handled…by other members of my team.…Now, one thing I could do is I could start at the top…and try to discern what had been done previously…in each of these conversations.…
That's better than starting with…the last day I was in the office…and working my way up,…because if I begin responding to conversations…from last Thursday, I might find that someone…answered an email on Friday afternoon,…but I've already answered the Thursday email.…How do I keep track of both the chronology of the emails,…and the fact that they are part…of one conversation together?…Fortunately, Outlook has a great view enhancement…that will allow me to see, for example,…that this email from Leslie,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.