Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing documents, libraries, and sites, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
So I'm saving my documents in SharePoint libraries, and I want to know how I can…share documents and libraries with other users, and while I'm at it, why don't I…learn how to share sites with other people as well?…Now sometimes you'll have folks who have access to lots and lots of sites So many,…that they actually don't have time to look at all the information.…So, sharing will actually generate an email that will tell somebody hey, Jenny…would like you to look at this site. That's a great way to be able to attract…attention to a document. Now of course, I could put the document…in an email, but then it creates a copy, so I don't want to do that.…
One important purpose of SharePoint is to have one source of truth, one copy of…each document. So it's important that I understand how…to be able to share. Let's start with how I would share this…entire site. Here I am inside the inside no obstacles intranet.…If I wanted to share this entire site with someone, the link is right up here,…under my social networking tools So to give people access to the site I can…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.