Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video SharePoint permissions: The basics, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
When people talk about permission to use a SharePoint site, there are often…different ways in which they use the word permission.…For example if I say, I have permission to log into a server or log into a site,…it's really not permission I'm talking about.…It's something more specific, that's actually called authentication.…How does the server know I'm who I say I am, so that I can have appropriate access.…But the access that I get once I've been authenticated, once Windows or some other…system has told the server, hey, she's who she says she is.…
The permissions I have after that point are site permissions.…In this movie, I want to talk to you about how you can think about and plan…permissions for your SharePoint site. And then, in the next few movies, we'll…see how to set permissions. I'll tell you first, that this is an area…where many SharePoint administrators wish they'd known more when they started.…And that they'd had a better frame work for thinking about permissions.…So, my job here is to provide you with a way to think about this.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.