Business Intelligence in SharePoint, what is it?…Sometimes, we think that the term business intelligence is an oxymoron, but…there's lots of great business intelligence going on in SharePoint.…We start with Excel Services. Excel Services allow us to publish…portions of a workbook in a browser. It can be the whole workbook but it can…also be one object or item. A Chart, a Table, a PivotTable, or…PivotChart Report, a Power View sheet we created in Excel 2013.…
All of these different portions of workbooks can be published and that gives…us an alternative. We don't need to simply share an entire…workbook, we can actually save the workbook in a location where there are…only a small number of people who can view it.…We can actually save this workbook in a place with one set of permissions, and…publish specific items out of it someplace else in our site.…So, Excel Services aren't about the Collaboration Features of Excel that…we're used to using. Excel Services are almost the opposite of that.…
Because Excel Services are about delivering content without putting our…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.