In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to collaborate in real time using co-authoring in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- [Narrator] You can collaborate…with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.…The first thing that needs to happen…is you need to share the document.…To start, tap the person icon…with the plus sign next to it…on the top right-hand side of the screen.…It is possible to send an attachment of the document…to somebody else.…To do that, tap Send a Copy.…From here, you can tap Format…to decide if you want to send it…as a Word document or as a PDF file.…This is fantastic for…turning a Word document into a PDF for a contract.…
To get back to that main screen, tap Send a Copy.…I'll tap Share again…and now I'm brought back to the original screen.…I can also tap Copy Link.…This is going to allow me to send a link to somebody else…to view the document.…The document has to be stored on a cloud storage service…like OneDrive or SharePoint in order for this to work.…In order to be able to coauthor a document,…that is, either have people update your document…or work with them in real time,…you need to invite them.…
I'll tap Invite People…and now I can type in their name or email address.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.