Currently, all of our sites here use the same set of permissions and the same…permissions groups inherited from Inside No Obstacles.…We need to create different permissions for the Inside Home and Inside Sport sub-sites.…They can't inherit the permissions of Inside No Obstacles and meet their…business need. So, what we're going to do is disconnect…the inheritance for Inside Home, and then later for Inside Sport.…And at the same time, we're going to create some new groups for Inside Home.…
And at the same time that we disconnect the inheritance, we will be creating new…groups for visitors, members and owners of the sites.…Let's see how that's done. I always just like going do this site…first because it reminds me where I am and what it is I'm doing.…And then, let's go to Site Settings and choose Site Permissions.…Notice that when I'm in the sub-site, rather than the site at the top of the…site collection, I have many fewer choices.…
Because the site collection choices are only available in the top level.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.