Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting tabs on the ruler, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…Word offers two options for setting tabs in a document.…One, is the Tabs dialogue box, which gives you…the ability, to set Tabs by entering specific measurements.…The other is the ruler, which enables you to set Tabs…and immediately see the effect of your changes in your document.…In this video, I'll will show you how you…can set and change Tabs using the document ruler.…This sample document is called Tabs, and is located…in the Chapter Five folder inside the Exercise Files folder.…
It includes a list of employees, their locations, and their telephone extensions.…Each of these fields of information are separated with a Tab character,…which you can see right here, it's the arrow pointing to the right.…If formatting characters like Tabs are not…displayed on your screen, you can click the…Show/Hide Paragraph mark button, in the paragraph…group of the home ribbon to display them.…That's this thing right up here.…I'll tell you more about formatting characters in another video.…What I want to do is set up this information so that it appears in columns.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.