Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting multiple columns, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…Microsoft Word supports newspaper or magazine…style multiple column text on document pages.…This gives you the ability to create interesting layouts within your documents.…It could also make documents that use small…fonts, easier to read, by making it unnecessary for…the reader's view to travel back and forth, all…the way across the page to read each line.…Let's take a look at how Word's multi-column…feature works, using the simple one-page document called Columns.…It's in the Chapter six folder, inside the Exercise Files folder.…
I want to reformat the text, so that it appear in columns.…I'll start by clicking Page Layout to display the page layout ribbon.…Then I'll click the Columns button, in…the Page Setup group, to display column options.…The first three options, One, Two and Three,…set a specific number of evenly spaced columns.…The next two options, Left and Right set a narrow and a…wide column with the narrow column on the left or on the right.…More columns displays additional options.…
We'll look at that in a moment.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.