I have documents here that don't belong in my records center, ther're just not…that important. But I want to know when they were…changed, and I don't want to have obsolete documents sitting here in the…Employee Self Service portal. So how can I manage my documents at a…policy level, so I don't have to come in look at each one myself.…And not necessarily by having a workflow that runs, from the time the document is…created, because that's a lot of workflow for no good reason.…How can I instruct SharePoint to manage these documents?…Not as tightly as we would in a record center, but more tightly than we do right now.…
The answer is, by setting information management policies.…Information management policies are set at the library level.…So I'm going to choose Library > Library settings and click under Permissions and…Management on Information Management Policy settings.…There's some description at the top that tells me how library based retention works.…You might wonder, didn't she just say it's at the library level?…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.