…If you often find yourself making changes to your documents formatting options,…sometimes even before you begin writing,…you should probably consider changing default options.…For example, the default normal style uses Calibri font, set…at 11 points, with eight points of white space between paragraphs.…But suppose you prefer Times New Roman…at 12 points with no space between paragraphs.…Chances are every time you create a new document, you're making this…change to your text or to the normal style, but if you…set the normal style exactly the way you like it, and make…that the new default, you'll never have to make that change again.…
This can save you a lot of time every…time you create a new document with Microsoft Word.…In this video, I'll show you how you…can change document defaults for fonts, paragraphs and pages.…Let's start by creating a brand new document based on the normal template.…The quickest way to do this, is to press Ctrl+N, and I have already done this.…By default the normal styles apply to texts that you type.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.