In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to work with settings such as hiding gridlines, column headers, and freezing columns or rows.
- [Instructor] Tap the View ribbon icon…to customize how your spreadsheet will look.…You can toggle the Formula bar on…and the Sheet Tabs on and off.…This is useful to clear up visual clutter…if you know you don't plan on using those features.…Once you're done with your sheet completely,…you can also tiny the view by turning off the Gridlines…and the cell Headings.…Finally, you can freeze certain columns and rows…so that they won't scroll.…This is useful if I have hundreds of products…that would require scrolling…but I want the heading to stay put…so I can keep track of where it is.…
I'll tap Freeze Panes on the top right hand side.…I'll tap Freeze Top Row.…Now when I scroll through my spreadsheet,…the top row stays in place and I know what I'm looking at.…I can also freeze the first column instead of the first row.…This is useful if I had put all…of the months of the year in, I would've had to scroll.…But now I can still keep track…of what product I'm looking at.…I'll tap Freeze Panes again and Freeze First Column.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.