Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set AutoArchive options, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] In Outlook 2016,…AutoArchive is not automatically turned on.…However, if you're upgrading…from another version of Outlook,…and you were archiving in that version,…archiving will already be turned on here,…because your mailbox already knows to archive.…Whether you were archiving before,…or are just starting, you can modify…archive settings at the folder level,…and at the mailbox level, you can change…how frequently archiving happens.…And all of those settings are found in the options.…
To get there, let's choose File,…then Options,…then let's choose Advanced,…and here are the AutoArchive Settings.…Click the button, and this is a simple dialog…that has not changed much over the past 10 years,…the past four versions of Outlook.…With Outlook enabled,…the first thing you do is choose…how often you would like to AutoArchive.…
I like to AutoArchive once a week.…These are my actual settings from…the prior version of Outlook.…So, every week I'm asked, that's the second checkbox,…"Would you like to AutoArchive now?"…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.