Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting text, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…One of the most basic techniques you need to know…to use any word processing program, is how to select text.…After all, you select text to copy, move and format it.…All things that make word processors so…useful for creating and editing text-based documents.…Let's experiment with a document from the chapter…one folder inside the exercise files folder, selecting text.…Everyone knows that you can select text by dragging your mouse over it.…For example, suppose I wanted to select the…text California experience here in the second paragraph.…
I can position the mouse pointer at the beginning of the…text, press the mouse button down, and drag to the right.…Everything I drag over is selected.…Notice that Word automatically displays a mini toolbar near selected…text, so you can easily perform common commands on it.…If you move your mouse pointer away from the selection, the mini toolbar goes away.…You can also turn off this feature in Word options.…I'll show you how in a moment.…Dragging over text works for selecting any amount of text, whether it's just…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.