Search has been redesigned in SharePoint 2013 to make it easier for you to search,…and easier for you to narrow down and view search results.…So let's start by talking about how search is organized.…Search is organized in four different search verticals.…The first is, search everything. The second is search people.…The third is search conversations. Like would show up on your news feed.…And the fourth is the default. Search this site.…So when you click in a search box anywhere.…
You are choosing search this site. But if you knew you wanted to search for…people or search everywhere or search conversations.…You could do that. But I'm going to simply search this site…for the word recipe, and here are my results.…Now if I want to search everywhere, if I check and I go, I want to search…everywhere, notice that at both the top and the bottom of the list, you have the…ability to expand your search and choose that first vertical, search everything.…But I'm finding some information. On the left, I have what are called refiners.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.