Search is an extremely powerful feature in OneNote 2013. This training video shows how to search within a single page, across sections, throughout a notebook, or expand the search across all OneNote notebooks. Learn the keyboard shortcuts to search a page or notebook and review options for indexing audio and video recordings for search.
- [Voiceover] One of the great features of OneNote…is the ability to search for information…across a single page,…in a section, across a notebook…or across all notebooks…In this video, we'll take a look at those options…and work with setting up search,…allowing you to find your information as you need to.…So searching across notebooks…or within a particular notebook.…And we'll also show the search results pane…which gives you some great ways of organizing…what it is you see in the search.…
We'll also take a look at setting an option…to allow you to search audio recordings…that you may have embedded in a OneNote notebook.…For this video, I'm going to use one of the existing files…that I've already created for you.…So let's go back to your desktop.…Open up the exercise files folder,…chapter 4,…the folder 04_03…and again, we're still back in the Office 365 rollout.…
So let's double click to open that folder…and to open the OneNote notebook,…we'll double click on the table of contents.…The search ability is always there,…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.