Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Revealing formatting, part of Word 2013 Power Shortcuts.
…Word's Reveal Formatting Pane enables you to see exactly…what formatting is applied to any text in your document.…This makes it possible to see how styles and manual formatting options are applied.…You can also use an option in the Reveal Formatting Pane to compare…the formatting applied to two bits of text, to check for consistent formatting.…We'll take a closer look at this with an example document.…It's called Revealed Formatting, and you can find it…in the chapter five folder inside the exercise files folder.…
You open the Reveal Formatting Pane by pressing Shift+F1.…The pane appears on the right side of the window.…It automatically lists the formatting of any text…at the insertion point or the text that's selected.…So in this example, the insertion point is at…the very beginning of the document at the word revealing.…That word appears near the top of the Reveal Formatting Pane.…A scrolling window beneath it lists the formatting applied.…It starts by listing the font options.…
I can see that the default heading font, which is Calibri Light, is applied.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.