Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Outlook 2013 and SharePoint, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
In this chapter, we're going to talk about how the Office 2013 applications,…interact with SharePoint, and we're going to start with Microsoft Outlook.…Outlook is an interesting case, because there's actually duplication between the…features of Outlook and the features of SharePoint.…That we don't see with the other office applications like Word and Excel.…For example, here we are in Outlook and Outlook has a calendar and it has people…or contacts and tasks. If we go over now to SharePoint.…
Here's our SharePoint site and it has a calendar and it has tasks and it also has…a contacts list. There's the possibility, that we might…enter information on a calendar and then feel we had to enter it somewhere else.…But you don't have to. There's amazing potential here, because…these lists can be synchronized. So, with just a little care, you can…leverage the power of SharePoint, to bring the calendars, tasks, and contacts…from your entire team. To Outlook for every single team member,…on their desktops, or on their mobile devices.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.