Create subpages to easily group and expand or collapse the display of related pages. Learn how to protect sensitive data with password protection as well as quickly lock password protected notebooks. Learn how to change the options for password protected sections. This video explores these objectives from the OneNote 2013 MOS exam, helping you to better prepare for the exam
- [Voiceover] In this video we're going to look…at some other features we have available to us in OneNote.…The all-important issue…of potentially protecting your sensitive information…by assigning passwords to sections.…We'll also take a look at organizing your notebook…with subpages.…In this video we'll continue working…with one of the OneNote notebooks…that I had created for you earlier.…So again, let's navigate back to your desktop,…open the Exercise Files folder.…
In the folder 04_02,…double-click to open the Office 365 Rollout folder…and let's open the notebook again…by double-clicking on the Open Notebook table of contents.…I don't frequently work with my Notebooks pinned,…so to just kind of clean up my screen for a moment…I'm just going to unpin my Notebook pane…from the far left-hand side.…Perhaps the information on our Training bulletins…is not quite 100% yet,…so I'd really rather not have people…viewing that information right now.…
So I'm going to go ahead and apply a password protection…to that section, and I can password protect the section…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.