Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening and saving Office documents, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
So, the first time I want to save a document to a SharePoint library, I need…to figure out how to do that. And the library, of course, lives in the…world wide web. So, it has a web address or a URL.…There's lots of complexity to this if I want it to be complex.…But it really doesn't need to be. So, let me show you what I could do if I…needed to. So, I want to put this in a document library.…I know what document library it's going into.…So, we can go to that site and go to that document library because I have permission.…
So, here we are in our site. I actually want to go to the documents…library to save this calendar there that I'm working on.…And here's the name of the documents library.…Now, every single URL in SharePoint ends with something that's showing you how…you're seeing a page. So, this is what's called a view, one way…to look at this library. There are other ways to look at this…library, other views that we'll be talking about later.…And when I click that, it actually changes the name of the view here.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.