Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating your document, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…The navigation pane, which we've glimpsed in a few of…these videos, offers a way to navigate through your document.…It's especially useful for structured documents that use Word's various…heading styles including documents you create using Word's outline feature.…In this video, we'll take a closer look at the navigation pane, and…how you can use it as a tool to navigate your long documents.…I'm working with the file called navigation, which you can…find in the chapter six folder inside the exercise files folder.…It's the same employee manual we've used a few times throughout this course.…
This version is fully formatted with a title, headings, and more.…To use a navigation pane, you need to show it.…If its not already showing on your screen, click View to display…the view ribbon, and then turn on the Navigation Pane check box.…The Navigation pane appears on the left side of the window.…Your document will shift to the right to make room for it.…The navigation pane is organized into three tabs, Headings, Pages, and Results.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.