Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Move a message or conversation, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- In the inbox…on the home tab of the ribbon…to the right of quick steps,…is the move group…and you might never…click that move button…unless you were curious because,…when you think of moving in Outlook…you can simply use drag and drop.…I can drag items from…one folder to any folder that I wish…to manage my email.…As a matter of fact…if I want to create…tasks or calendar items from email…I can use drag and drop…to do that as well.…
If I want to make sure that…I create a task to get back with Leslie…I can just…take this and…drag and drop it on tasks.…It helps if I can see tasks in order to do that,…I'm going to need to make this a little bit wider…and make sure that my tasks are being shown,…but let's go ahead and do that.…And now with my tasks visible…right there,…if I drag and drop this…I get a task.…
I'm just going to close this,…but I can move things not just…between folders and my inbox…but to my calendar,…to my task list,…and so on.…But, there are other things that I can do…I can quickly move to a folder…without needing to find the folder.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.