Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify a view's settings, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] I can modify any of the views,…including views I create.…To do that, I will go to the View tab,…click Change View, and choose Manage Views.…Here are all of the views that exist…for the current folder, which is the Inbox.…The current view settings, which might be the same…as one of these views,…even if the view that I'm using…is Single, Preview, CC, it doesn't matter,…I'll still see current view settings.…So if I immediately go to Single,…clearly that's the view being displayed.…
And yet when I go to Manage Views,…current view settings is chosen, not single.…And the reason that's important is…there aren't five views in existence now,…there are only four.…So if I wished to copy Single, or the current view,…I shouldn't spend a lot of time…trying to decide which is which,…I can simply copy it.…I can choose a view and modify it.…So if I wanted to choose the view that I created, Single CC,…and modify it, this will then…open the Advanced View Settings dialog box,…which is one stop shopping…for everything that I can do to a view.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.