Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Merging shapes to create your own graphics, part of PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
PowerPoint can actually be used as a mini graphic arts program to create a logo if you…don't already have one, or just use it if you can't find that perfect shape or clipart.…PowerPoint 2013 has a new feature called Merge Shapes, in which you can combine shapes and…create some really cool graphics.…I going to give you a quick example of the types of things that you can do with Merge Shapes.…So here's our Office Locations slide, slide number 24, and I'm going to add a little office building to it.…The first thing I'm going to do is shrink this a little bit just so I have some more room to play with.…
I can move it aside, and now I'm going to start adding some shapes to create the basic…outline of an office building.…So I'm going to go to INSERT, Shapes, and I'll choose a basic Rectangle and draw them, shape of my building.…Now I'm going to insert shapes again, and I'll draw one more rectangle almost for…a tower effect, I can stretch that out a little bit.…Now I'm going to add one more shape, I'll add a triangle this time, almost like a little…
- Touring the PowerPoint interface
- Creating a presentation
- Adding, removing, and rearranging slides
- Adding and formatting pictures
- Working with bullet points
- Inserting tables from Excel
- Adding shapes and creating diagrams
- Inserting audio and video clips
- Delivering your presentation
- Reusing and sharing a presentation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speakingwith Todd Dewett26m 26s Intermediate
1. Navigating PowerPoint
2. Working with Presentations
3. Working with Slides
4. Adding Pictures to Slides
5. Adding Content to Slides
6. Adding Shapes, Diagrams, and Charts to Slides
7. Adding Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
8. Preparing the Presentation
9. Delivering Your Presentation
10. Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.