OneNote excels at allowing users to capture text notes with an easy click and type. Users can add text anywhere on a page. Users can make the notes more professional using heading styles, applying bullets, and numbers, using other familiar formatting commands from the Home ribbon or the mini toolbar.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll do some quick editing…of information in our OneNote notebook…by combining and moving some text containers around.…We'll continue working with the same notebook…we were working on in the last video.…Putting some information together…in our Office Planning Notebook.…So we'll move some content between pages.…We'll also do with called merging content containers…which is a little bit more than just copying and pasting.…It's actually merging them so they act…as one content container.…
If we can merge content containers,…we can also merge sections…to sort of gather your information into one place.…And because we were using both bullets and numbers…as well as heading styles, we can also expand…and collapse those paragraphs and list…to make them easier to work with.…So I'm gonna go ahead and go back to OneNote.…I'm still in my Office Move Planning.…On my Planning section in my Location page,…I have some ideas that I've grabbed…from both Peter and from Sue…and I also have my wish list from Mike.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.