Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Mark messages, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016.
- [Voiceover] Given the tools that outlook provides…for being able to track action that you want to take…with messages, I'm always surprised by how many users…use the Read or Unread status of a message to determine…whether or not they intend to do something more with it.…For example, I have friends who would look at this…invitation from Kathe Stevens to meet Jean Maxwell…and go oop, want to follow up on that.…And instead of clicking the Follow Up Flag,…which we'll be talking about later,…they would just right click and mark that as Unread…to remember that they need to do something with it.…
That's way too hard for me because then I have to also…remember what I need to do with that message.…Actually, I use the Unread tag for a different purpose.…I use Unread when I haven't read a message…or when I've merely skimmed through the message…and haven't read it in depth, it's a dense message,…there's a lot there, and I want to make sure…that I unpack it all, but I only have time to skim it now,…then I'll still mark it as Unread.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.