Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage email rules, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] Let's put all of the parts and pieces…in this chapter together now…along with a couple of other items as well.…Let's tweak some quick steps and modify some rules…and manage all of these so that we're creating…the set of tools that we'd like to have.…First, if we look at our categories,…remember that we have a category for correspond,…and we have a category for local,…but we didn't create a quick step that would allows us…to note that we need to correspond with someone.…
We just categorized it.…So, why don't we create a quick step that would allow us…to take a message, like the message that I received,…which is a quick note of congratulations?…We categorized these, but I'd like to have a quick step…that puts them in a correspondence needed folder.…Let's create the folder first. Why not?…New Folder.…I'm going to call this Send a note.…There's my Send a note folder.…If I want this to be at the top of my list,…I can rename it so it has an underscore at the start…because these appear in alphabetical order…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.