The OneNote MOS exam (70-421) objectives include topics of managing OneNote history and backups. Learn how to view previous versions of pages and restore versions. View the OneNote recycle bin and learn how to move pages or sections back into notebooks. Review and modify the OneNote backup options including backup location, frequency, and number of backup copies
- [Voiceover] In previous videos, we discussed that changes…to OneNote notebooks are saved for you automatically.…But, what if you realized that you made a change…a few days ago and it was an error?…Perhaps you changed an important information…thinking it was out of date.…What would happen if you deleted a page?…Fortunately, OneNote can help in both circumstances.…OneNote keeps a history of changes made to pages…through page versions.…And OneNote has a notebook recycle bin…that keeps items deleted from a notebook for 60 days.…
In this video, we'll look at a couple of those options.…So we'll review managing page versions,…managing the notebook recycle bin,…and managing your backup settings and your backups.…So again, we're gonna work with a OneNote notebook…that I've already created for you.…So please navigate back…to your Desktop.…Open the Exercise Files folder.…Open Chapter 4…and open the folder 04_05.…
Again, there's our Office 365 Rollout folder…created by OneNote.…We'll open that folder and then go ahead…and open the notebook by simply doubling clicking…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.