Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting and removing hyperlinks, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…Microsoft word, enables you to insert clickable hyper links into your documents.…In fact, it not only allows you to do it, but it automatically does it for you.…In this video, I'll explain how the hyper link feature…works to insert clickable links, how to delete those links.…How to change the formatting of links, and how…you can turn the automatic hyperlink formatting feature off.…Let's get started.…This sample document is called hyperlinks and it can be…found in the chapter five folder inside the exercise files folder.…
It's a draft of a form letter that's designed to…be filled out as needed and sent to potential clients.…I want to modify this document, by including the explorer…California website link, in the last paragraph before the closing.…So I'll click at the end of that paragraph and I'll type in the sentence that I…want to appear, [SOUND] or visit us on the web at www.explorecalifornia.org.…When I type a space, or if I were to press return after…typing in that URL, it's automatically formatted…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.