In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to insert images and work with them. She also covers how to insert and work with charts, such as changing the styling.
- [Instructor] You can insert pictures…directly into your spreadsheets.…Tap to change to the insert ribbon tab and tap photos.…You can also tap camera to take…a picture directly from your device.…In this case, I'll tap photos.…Tap OK if you get prompted to allow…Excel to use your photos.…From here, you can choose your photo…and now you can re-size it and drag…it around just like you could in Word.…You can even tap and choose picture styles…on the picture ribbon tab that came up.…
You can add reflection effects and shadows…and you can rotate and crop the photo.…To bring focus back to the picture,…or remove it after you've added it,…tap away from the photo, and tap back on it.…In the menu that appears, you can tap delete.…To insert a chart, start by selecting…the data that you want the chart to contain.…I'll include all of my sales data.…Tap to change to the insert ribbon tab and tap recommended.…
This is going to let Excel for iPad…choose the best type of chart for you…from that data that you've selected.…I'll tap to select the first chart…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.