Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Indenting paragraphs, part of Word 2013 Power Shortcuts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Word offers two ways to apply indentation to paragraphs in your documents.…One way is with the paragraph dialogue box, which you can use to…set left and right indentation measurements and…specify whether special indentations should be applied.…Although this does allow you to get very precise settings, it isn't very intuitive…and it requires you to click OK to see the results of your setting changes.…We're not going to use this.…I'll click Cancel.…The other way to set indentation is with the ruler.…Using the ruler makes it easy to not only…set paragraph indentation options, but to see the results immediately.…
You can then fine tune your settings quickly and easily when you need to.…In this video, I'll explain how to use the ruler to set…several different kinds of indentation that you might use in your documents.…We'll experiment with a sample document called Indents, which you can…find in the chapter five folder inside the exercise files folder.…Before we get started, let's make sure the ruler is displayed and…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.