Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Ignore a conversation, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- One way to reduce the amount of time…you spend reviewing email,…is to strategize around how to get less…email in your inbox to begin with.…One way to do that is to…remove yourself from conversations…that you no longer need to be part of.…For example, I was invited to a dinner…and there's an ongoing conversation about this dinner.…I'm really the outlier in this conversation,…and so as people are replying, I've already said…I'm going to be there.…I'm not part of the planning group,…and I can really ignore this.…
Particularly because I've had a…phone conversation with Chong,…who knows that I'm simply going to…opt out of this conversation.…What I can do then is ignore the conversation.…I select the conversation,…and on the home tab,…in the delete group,…I can click ignore.…There's a dialog that tells me what's going to happen.…Because I don't do this routinely,…I like keeping messages like this around.…I will not be clicking…Don't show this message again.…Because I only ignore probably one conversation a month,…but there have been times in my life…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.