Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Hybrid experience with SharePoint 2016 and Office 365, part of SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online New Features.
- [Voiceover] Our new version of SharePoint,…SharePoint 2016, Microsoft tells us,…"was born in the cloud."…It's the best of what Microsoft has learned…about the online experience that users want,…pulled down to an on-premises server version,…because there are still plenty of use cases that require…on-premises software.…So we have SharePoint Server 2016 born in the cloud…but SharePoint Online, which continues livin' in the cloud,…and is being evolved in the cloud,…changes on a regular basis with brand new features…so that that learning process can continue.…
Perhaps you work in an organization…that is using both Office 365 and SharePoint Online,…as well as SharePoint Server 2016 or 2013.…Your users shouldn't have to care whether the site…they're going to is hosted by Microsoft, SharePoint Online,…or hosted somewhere else.…Perhaps your organization rents server space…from Amazon.com, or perhaps you rent server space…from Microsoft in an Azure Server.…It shouldn't matter to your users…where your hosting happens,…
- Use SharePoint 2016 to share sites, documents, and folders.
- Explain how to synchronize documents using shortcut keys.
- Describe the benefits of durable links.
- Modify site settings to configure SharePoint for mobile use.
- Describe how data loss prevention functions protect sensitive data.
- Apply document deletion policies to ensure consistent handling of documents throughout an organization.