In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to work with individual cells, such as merging data and using preformatted styling.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you some things…that you can do within cells directly.…The first thing you might want to do…is merge a cell with another one.…This can stop potential problems with overlapping.…Tap and drag to select the cells that you want to merge.…Then on the Home ribbon tab, tap the Merge button.…It's going to merge the cells.…Notice how the text is centered now…within the cells that I merged.…Something else you might want to do…is have Excel for iPad take over sizing the cells for you,…based on the data that's in there.…
That's called AutoFit.…Tap to select the column or row that you want to AutoFit.…In here, on the Home ribbon tab, tap the AutoFit button.…Here's where you can choose to AutoFit the row,…height or the column width.…You can also manually set a column with this way…if you don't want to drag.…It's going to resize based on the contents of the cell.…I've already shown you how you can change…the data type of the cell,…but you can do it when you highlight…an entire column or row and change all the cells at once.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.