Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Following people, documents, and sites, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
If you'd like to see something in your feed in Facebook, you need to have some friends.…If you want to see something in your feed in Twitter, you need to follow some folks.…And here in SharePoint, if I want to see anything in my Newsfeed, I need to follow…some people, or some documents, or some sites, or some tags, or all of the above.…So I want to start by following some people.…I'm going to click People, and I can follow multiple people.…So I want to follow Mark, and notice that as I start entering somebody's name,…they'll show up here, and I can choose them.…
And I'd better follow our CEO, that's just a good idea no matter where I work.…And hm, I think I'd also like to follow Akee.…That's a good start. I'm going to go ahead and click Follow.…And all three of them have been added to my Newsfeed.…Now, Akee hasn't posted anything lately. But you'll notice that I actually saw…right away, a post from Jaryl and a post from Mark.…And I can go in and take a look at other things that have happened here in Akee's feed.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.