Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Flag emails for future action, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] I received this message…over the weekend,…and there are a couple of requests…for information in here,…but specifically,…there's some information about…can I make a connection for Carolina…to someone who knows about…Landon Hotels doing labyrinths in the States,…if they are, because they're doing one in London.…I want to remember to do something with this,…and not let it slip off my screen.…And therefore I want to flag this for follow-up.…I can do that by clicking here,…by right-clicking the flags,…or by choosing the options on the Follow Up dropdown…in the tags area on the Home tab of the ribbon.…
Notice that when you flag,…you're flagging an intention for time.…This is not marking a message…as having low, medium or high importance,…this is actually saying I want to do something with this,…today, tomorrow, this week, next week.…Now this week and next week both use…the settings that you've provided,…or that you didn't change,…that indicate what day your week starts on…and what day your work week ends on.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.