In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to use the Smart Lookup tool to define words and find synonyms, how to find text, and how to do a Find and Replace.
- [Instructor] To search for text in your document…tap the magnifying glass on the top right-hand side.…Then type in the text of what you're looking for.…Word for iPad will automatically search your document.…If there's any result you'll see the number of results…on the right-hand side.…In this case, it found three instances of the word, tourism.…To quickly find each instance, use the left and right arrows…on the top right-hand side.…It will take you to each instance…after it highlights it in yellow.…To clear the search bar, tap back inside of it…and then tap the X on the top right-hand side.…
You can also do a find and replace for text.…For example, we sell fleece vests.…However, now we've started to sell fleece jackets.…So we need to update this white paper.…I'm going to tap the gear icon…on the top left-hand side of the screen.…I'll select find and replace.…On the left-hand side is where I put…in what I'm looking for.…On the right-hand side is where I put…what I want to replace the text with.…It found an instance of fleece vests.…
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.